Monday, September 7, 2009

A Favorite of Karin Kay Properties

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did at the Blackberry Festival in Bremerton this long weekend. I braved the rain yesterday morning to check out all the booths. I picked up some blackberry wine and kettle corn. Yummy!

Since my last post probably made all my readers hungry for blackberries, here is a great and easy blackberry cobbler recipe!

BLACK BERRY COBBLER

1 c. sugar1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. water
3 c. fresh blackberries (or frozen)
Cinnamon, if desired
Sugar (as required according to sweetness of berries)
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. shortening
1/2 c. milk

Mix first 3 ingredients, in saucepan, bring to boil - boil 1 minute and add berries. Pour into baking dish - 10 x 6 x 2 inches. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon - dot with butter. Mix remaining ingredients together, drop by spoonfuls into fruit. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.

Give that a try at let me know how it turns out! Call me anytime at Karin Kay Properties, 360-479-7653 or reach me by email, officemanagerkkp@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment